FWD: Re: ethics, morals in documentation?

Subject: FWD: Re: ethics, morals in documentation?
From: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:40:22 -0600 (MDT)

Mick said: I find this quite insulting. There are many people in the
world who would either starve or lay down there lives for what they
believe in."

That's precisely Tom's point. No need to be insulted. He simply asks
each of us to look at the situation and identify what that moral/ethical
issue means to each of us. What we are willing to do for money is our
decision and if it matters enough to die for what you believe in, then
that show's you your ethics. My father once turned down a project at a
university because they asked him to make helmets that would be used to
test monkeys with electrical shocks. He refused the project. Could he
have been fired? Maybe. Would he have done it if I was starving? Only he
knows that.

As writers we are exposed to a variety of products and technologies during
our careers. It is up to us to each decide what we find acceptable. To
be honest, though, this is what makes it a market. I mean if everyone
thought the same way and we all only wanted the "good" jobs wouldn't 90%
of us be unemployed. I mean for every job you found unacceptable and
quit, someone else took that job. To each his/her own.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.