RE: Creating inch and metric tutorials (longish)?(Take II)

Subject: RE: Creating inch and metric tutorials (longish)?(Take II)
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:22:56 -0700

Geoff Hart wrote on the subject: Creating inch and metric tutorials
(longish)?(Take II)

"...though you can still get a "pint" of the really good
stuff from overseas at some of our finer local establishments, as I imagine
you can over in the U.K. <g> Actually, I don't think I've _ever_ heard
someone ask for draft in metric units."

Actually, the bureaucrats in the U.K. tried to convert the pubs to the
metric system about twenty years ago. Fortunately, the rebels in the pubs
won another round against the crown. The most frequent comment was that when
a bloke wants a pint after work, 500ml is not enough and a liter is too
much. The barkeeps, being wiser than the statists, kept their imperial
glassware and just let the whole deal blow over.

It did provide some interesting discussions in the pubs, though.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585