[Fwd: Re: Special Interest Groups]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Special Interest Groups]
From: Kathy Jacobs <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:12:48 -0700

(Problems with my mail caused this to only go to Tom instead of the list
the first time. Sorry Tom...)

Tom,

I think we all belong to the most useful of the distance solutions -
This (and other) newsgroups!

As an independent contractor, I am generally in the situation of too
much work to have time to go to a conference or too little money to go
to the conference. I have found that by belonging to several different
newsgroups, whether as a lurker or a participant, I get all the current
news and opinions. Not only that, but whenever someone has a question
such as "Where can I learn more about....?" There are generally posts
that offer learning opportunities that are web based or book based which
I can access.

And, while I love the idea of a list get together, the ongoing learning
here is much more cost effective than going to a conference.

Just the two cents of a lurker....

--
Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint
Get Certified at http://www.brainbench.com

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com