STC Conference Proceedings

Subject: STC Conference Proceedings
From: Amy Dohlman <amdohlman -at- uwalumni -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 16 Apr 2001 07:27:38 -0700

Hi all,

I'm not trying to get involved in the "is the STC conference worth it or not" discussion that's been going on--it's interesting but you've all said it better than I could. I'd like to go for some of the reasons already mentioned, but won't be able to. Here's my question--are the published "Proceedings" a sort of acceptable substitute? I realize that the proceedings will not contain the vast amounts of information gleaned by actually being there, but I was wondering if they would contain other valuable information, like resources (websites or books) or general topics of discussion covered in the sessions. What exactly do the proceedings contain? Is it a worthwhile purchase for someone who can't go? Or is it strictly an "in addition to" sort of document only for the conference? Your input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Amy Dohlman

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.