RE: Possible "Alterna-conference" locations?

Subject: RE: Possible "Alterna-conference" locations?
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:04:49 -0700

UNLV (University of Nevada, Las Vegas) is close to the strip and has <10,000
hotel/motel rooms and the airport all within a five-mile radius. The prices
range from less than $20/night at a "No-Tell Motel" to something on the
order of $7K/night in the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons Hotel.

If, as Andrew originally proposed, the event is held at a "trashy" hotel,
Fitzgerald's on Freemont would fill the bill. Another organization that I am
active in has meetings there and the facilities are perfectly adequate for
our needs and the price is low -- free in our case because their facilities
director is a member of our organization. There would be no problem with a
summer-time booking and the room rates at Fitzgerald's and the neighboring
hotels are well below $100 per night and you can step out of the hotel into
the heart of the Freemont Street Experience -- a grand swindle of Las Vegas'
taxpayers in an attempt to lure meetings and tourists downtown.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585