Some of source is in scattered external documents

Subject: Some of source is in scattered external documents
From: Lindalee -dot- Brownstein -at- ebancllc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:09:44 -0400

I've set this project up as a multi-file project with browser-based java
help, but haven't been able to figure out how to include information from
scattered non-Word files.

We have a main D2H document with a lot of the text, plus we need to
reference some existing external files in various folders. Including the
separate files into the main one isn't an option, since they are being
updated by various departments at various times. I need to be able to just
rebuild the help periodically to get all of their updates.

* Some of these are Word files and some are HTML or Excel files. (If
necessary, we can convert these to Word files and attach whatever
template is needed)

* They are in various folders.

* These sections do not necessarily correspond to chapters. (I do have
this part working now, but only if it's a Word doc and in the same
chapter as the main doc.).

The output we need includes:

* HTML with a Table of Contents.

* Printable as a whole document with page numbers working - not just
each HTML page. I usually convert the DOC file to a PDF to do this, but
how would I do this with some parts residing in separate files?

Is is possible to do what we want to do? Suggestions?

Thanks!

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.