RE: Business cards

Subject: RE: Business cards
From: "SHIELDS,SUSAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <susan_shields2 -at- hp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:13:20 -0700

Hi Meg,

You asked:
>Is it ethical and appropriate to put "technical writer" on my business
cards,
>even if that isn't my official job title?

I'm not even going touch the ethical part. As for "appropriate," I,
personally, don't see why not. It's descriptive of what you do. I often have
to ask for a clear text explanation of official job titles, so it seems
expedient and expeditious to type yourself up front. Perhaps you could blend
your title and your reality...Aerospace engineer/Technical writer.

I've always wanted to put Documentation Goddess on my business cards but my
employers seem to think that's excessive...

Susan