RE: Articles and URL

Subject: RE: Articles and URL
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:36:55 -0500

Depending on the audience, I might avoid the term altogether and use a
phrase like "web address" or "the address of the web page." It's one of
those TLAs that are unfamiliar to many end users, and usually only serious
geeks can tell you what the letters stand for. (I recently saw some
software documentation that got it wrong: "universal resource location."
Bzzt.)

If forced to use it, I'll sidestep the a/an issue and just use the article
"the" if possible.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.