RE: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference

Subject: RE: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference
From: "Sella Rush" <sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:38:15 -0700

As a followup to Eric's comments, while I like the idea of an online
resource, with possibly a conference to supplement, I think there's still a
value to a group of us putting some sort of product together ourselves.
someone mentioned an online conference, which sounds very interesting.

What intrigues me most about the idea is that of group participation.
Eric's post talked about his organization providing a conference to us, as a
product. This is certainly a valid approach, taken by organizations around
the world.

But what I'm more interested in is not something served up to me, but rather
an experience created by a group of people making an effort to share
information. As organizers, we decide what we want and how we want to
present it, and as participants we determine what we get out of it. To me,
that's where the interest lay. And it seems a natural extension of this
community list.

Is this possible? Is it desirable?

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.