Re: Not again: certification?

Subject: Re: Not again: certification?
From: "Scott Holstad" <SHolstad -at- ci -dot- knoxville -dot- tn -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:13:13 -0400

Hi Lurker_Writer,

I take issue with the following statement. I spent 10 years working very hard to attain two university degrees and the pieces of paper which accompanied those degrees represent - to myself and to others - diligence, perseverance, dedication, ability, knowledge and more - traits that garner respect from hiring managers and others. Perhaps not everyone will agree with me on this, but I assert that pieces of paper on the wall, particularly degrees, do represent something and can bring respect.

Again, my two cents.

Best,

Scott

Scott C. Holstad
Technical Writer
City of Knoxville
(865)215-4444
sholstad -at- ci -dot- knoxville -dot- tn -dot- us

>>> "Lurker writer" <lurker_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com> 04/18 10:46 AM >>>

<snip>

<rhetorical question>How on earth does a piece of paper hanging on a wall
get you respect?</rhetorical question>.

<snip>

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.