Certification: no. please, no, (froth, rant)

Subject: Certification: no. please, no, (froth, rant)
From: M Silverspring <vetalidevi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I am losing it over this one. My friend just took
an exam to become a licensed social worker. Every year
about 50% of the people fail. Then they adjust the
scores and send out letters to some saying, oops, you
passed. She failed, then passed, by one point. The
questions are horrible, and no one is happy with it
because the field is so varied and subjective. If you
know two or three areas you may not know others. As
with my oncology nursing certification exam (mentioned
earlier), the alternative is to have an exam so
general that it is an expensive nuisance which no one
who's any good takes seriously.
MarthaaaaAAAAAARRRRGH

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.