NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND

Subject: NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND
From: John Mathew <techwriting4me -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Twinners,

Just wanted your opinion on how I should handle this
problem. My boss feels that there's a very thin line
between a tech writer's job and a secretary's job and
he keeps dumping all kinds of nonsense on me like
keeping a track of the Daily Activity reports of
developers in my company, and making the resumes of
other employees. I feel very underutilized and
misused, but I don't know how to tackle this problem.
One reason is also that the organization is facing a
dearth of projects involving real tech writing work
and I am, technically speaking, on bench right now.
It's not so much the time that these tasks involve,
but more the feeling of not being respected and
violation of my rights. And I am a person who lacks
assertiveness. If there's no tech writing work, I'd
rather that I spend that time honing my tech writing
skills and learning more about tech writing, instead
of doing these silly jobs.

Do I need to justify the salary that my company is
paying me, by doing all this, just because I am on
bench right now? Please tell me how I should tackle
this problem.

John

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.