Re: HUMOR: Marketing Documents

Subject: Re: HUMOR: Marketing Documents
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:29:20 -0700

Andrew Plato wrote:

> For the last week I have been writing marketing materials for one of my
> clients. I think it permanently warped my brain because this article I
> wrote a while back actually is making sense to me.

Gee, you really push the envelope with your cutting edge jargon, Andrew.
It's got synergy. I think it might be a new paradigm, so let's be
proactive and be team-players, and make it so.

Your copy reminds me of the news releases from one or two local
companies who like to put out a release every week or so. Damned if I
can figure out what their products are, at least from the releases.

By contrast, last fall and early this year, I oversaw a series of
magazine ads. Early on, I established the basic working guideline that
the ads would be mildly humorous, written in real English, and give
concrete information. The results are still coming in, but the series
seems the most successful I've ever been involved in. Every now and
then, maybe - just maybe - ethics are their own reward.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com

"Rose bouquet, wedding band,
Their recipe for romance might have come out of a can."
- The Mollies, "I Don't Wanna Go to Bed"

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.