RE: Gender Issues in Technical Communication

Subject: RE: Gender Issues in Technical Communication
From: Annamarie Pluhar <apluhar -at- idd-solutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:36:49 -0400

Hi ,

Can't resist jumping into this conversation. I found it very helpful to read Tanenbaum's "You Just Don't Understand Me" in managing my own reactions to gender discrimination. Of course it happens - all the time - just this morning my own sister asked that my boyfriend help her friend with a computer problem ... I know a bit more than he does....

The best retort to someone who tells you how to do something, is to turn to them and say oh so sweetly - "oh good, since you know how to do it, then I'll leave it in your trustworthy hands."

As for work arenas, I really like working for women-owned businesses.

bye fo now
--
Annamarie Pluhar

IDD-Solutions
Technical training integrated with the job

(301) 588 - 4001
(301) 646 - 5002 (Mobile)
apluhar -at- idd-solutions -dot- com
Silver Spring, MD