RE: What the heck is an "Internet tester"?

Subject: RE: What the heck is an "Internet tester"?
From: "Joy Arbor" <joy -at- iconceptual -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:42:24 -0700

Peter,

While I haven't heard of this title before either, I wouldn't be surprised
if the role of an "Internet tester" included proofreading (grammar,
consistency of tone, headlines, etc), making sure that all pop-ups, images,
and other media load properly as well as the usability (of interface,
navigation, and information) issues Michelle brought up (not to mention the
ability to fix problems should they come up). I'm hoping that the role of
an "Internet tester" at an e-learning company would NOT include
instructional testing -- that is, is the user learning the
skills/information the instruction attempts to impart?

As a project manager and writer/instructional designer at a small e-learning
company, I'd be very interested to find out the answer. Peter, feel free to
back-channel me with more information as you get it, including, if you feel
comfortable giving me this info, the name of the e-learning co.

My two cents.

Joy Arbor
Iconceptual
joy -at- iconceptual -dot- com

*********

A friend of mine who has done freelance tech writing has been approached
by an e-learning company with an offer to become an "Internet tester".

Anyone heard this title before?

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.