RE: Problems inserting jpg graphics into Word

Subject: RE: Problems inserting jpg graphics into Word
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- pbc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:31:34 -0700

I'd like to pass along a tip that I gleaned from this very list a few years
ago.

There is a wonderful screen-capture program out there called HyperSnap,
available from www.hyperionics.com for $35 last time I looked.

I use the HyperSnapDXPro version, which has several screen capture options,
including the ability to automatically scroll to capture whatever is not
immediately visible on the screen.

It has a color resolution feature which allows you to reduce the number of
bits per pixel of the image, thus reducing the file size, which alone makes
it head and shoulders over the Windows printscreen function.

Once that's done you can either save it as any one of many, many file types,
or best of all - and this goes directly to Jo's original question - simply
copy and paste into Word. Whenever I do that, the resulting image is always
the exact size needed for the page. I have never changed any settings to
achieve this result, so it may be a happy coincidence.

But I love this tool, and I thank whoever posted the original recommendation
that led to my acquiring it.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.