Is IT Growth Slowing?

Subject: Is IT Growth Slowing?
From: "Robert B Kennedy" <bobbykennedy44 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 00:45:39 -0400

IT growth had better be slowing... it's the only
way IT management will float down to earth
again.

The core of our present problems has been
created by exceptional success. Such
extraordinary success breeds complacency,
especially when complacency is disguised
in the slick theatre of the grin and bear it,
bear-knuckled, cell phone pinned in the hand,
18-hours a day hard-core every day,
especially on Sundays act.

IT management needs to redisover what a
genuine work ethic is (it's not boasting about
working 18 hours a day), and be more focused
on delivering value to customers, not the newest
BMWs for themselves, annually, regardless of
whether they've produced value or not.

The principle behind technology growth is
that it helps us become more independent,
more entrepreneurial. Sadly, I see the
risk-taking, entrepreneurial spirit less
and less among IT management.

Robert B. Kennedy
Technical Writer
NYC/NJ/Phila