Re: Footer redundancy (or "What am I missing?"

Subject: Re: Footer redundancy (or "What am I missing?"
From: "Kyle Kimberlin" <kyle_kimberlin -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 12:14:09 -0700

Bonnie,

In our manuals, we have the chapter title in the header, and page number in the footer. We use the same format: chapter 2, page 6 would read "2-6."

I agree with you - the chapter number is redundant. Readers are looking for content, the chapter name, more often than the chapter number.

Kyle

J. Kyle Kimberlin
Technical Writer
Digital Instruments, Veeco Metrology Group
Santa Barbara, CA. USA
Kyle -at- di -dot- com