RE: Making a collage animated gif

Subject: RE: Making a collage animated gif
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:03:13 -0500

>Has anybody out there really used this thing? I just opened up IR to see
>how hard it would be to do a transition, and every time I try to add a new
>frame it copies the first frame and somehow links the contents of the
frames
>to where any change I make to one is done to the other.

All the time, Bryan, and never had a problem with it at all. 'Course I'm on
the Mac side of it, so perhaps things work a little better on that side.
Email me off-list with what you did/tried to do (and version #s) and I'll
take a shot at recreating the problem on my system.

But yes, I've done animated GIFs, rollovers, and the like with it. (Though
it was hard for me to give up GIFBuilder, which was the first program I
used for animated GIFs.) Nowadays I use it promarily for image slicing and
rollovers, as I've become convinced that animated GIFs are more useful if
reserved for special occasions. (Though I once did this montage with
several segments, each one an animated GIF flipping at a different
intervals that looked way cool if'n I do say so meself.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224