Re: FrameMaker TOC

Subject: Re: FrameMaker TOC
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:39:39 -0700

shannon -dot- morris -at- gen21 -dot- com wrote:

> I have checked the archives and also posted this to the FrameUsers
list.

> I would like to add graphics to my table of contents. When the TOC is
> generated I would like to have a square graphic appear directly
under the
> chapter number. Meaning if I generate a toc and it looks like this:
>
> 1 (graphic) Chapter Title
> Section Heading

Just off the top of my head (and being a relative beginner at
FrameMaker), you could look at modifying your TOC style to include the
graphic ... or you could try doing some magic on the Master Page or
the Reference page.

(*snip*)

> I would like to have a colored graphic generate for each chapter
heading.
> Is there a way to automate this or do I need to mannually add the
graphic
> to the TOC body page. I hope I have explained this a little more
> thoroughly so someone will understand what I am looking to do.

Still, off the top of my head ... if the graphic doesn't already
exist, this will be a problem. If the graphic does exist, you might
be able to do this via FrameScript (http://www.framescript.com).
Alas, it will require some study ... but it *should* work.

> Thanks in advance.

Hope this helped.

--gdw

> Shannon