RE: Linking graphics in Powerpoint presentations - a dream?

Subject: RE: Linking graphics in Powerpoint presentations - a dream?
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:28:52 -0600

Try this.

1. Open the graphic in a graphics program. (To test this out,
I opened a *.gif file in MS Photo Editor)

2. Copy the image to the clip board.

3. Open your PowoerPoint presentation and go to the slide where
you want the image.

4. Select Edit --> Paste Special. This opens the Paste Special
dialog box.

5. Click on the Paste Link option button.

6. Click OK. This will paste your image into your slide
presentation.

Now, if you select Edit, the Links menu item should be available.
When you update, just make sure PowerPoint updates it as the correct
graphics type.

Let us know how it works.

John

> Subject: Linking graphics in PowerPoint presentations - a dream?
> From: "Tybi Kapiloff" <teknicol -at- inter -dot- net -dot- il>
> Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 23:02:15 +0200

> I am creating PowerPoint presentations using PowerPoint 2000 on a
Windows
> 2000 system.

> I would like to be able to insert graphics using Insert > Picture >
From

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer