Help with technical writing course

Subject: Help with technical writing course
From: kirstie -dot- edwards -at- pi -dot- be
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 05:38:59 -0700

Hi,
I'm trying to gather people's experiences of team work in writing, and so
far haven't had much luck. Can anyone help me? I just need you to share
your experiences by responding to the questions below. First I want to
collate a list of what the positives and negatives of collaborative work
in writing (with multiple authors/authors & reviewers/authors and
engineers or programmers - whatever) are, and then I want to draw on other
people's experiences to help me with my own work. The responses will
provide data for my dissertation for a technical writing course, but no
names will be included. If you can help, please reply directly to:
Kirstie -dot- Edwards -at- pi -dot- be -dot-
Thanks
Kirstie Edwards

1. Please briefly describe any negative aspects you have experienced
during the process of collaborative writing. Please use (and copy if
necessary) the following lists to help you describe your experiences:

Negative aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:
Solution:

Negative aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:
Solution:

Negative aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:
Solution:

2. What positive aspects of collaborative work in technical writing have
you experienced? Please use (and copy if necessary) the following lists to
help you describe your experiences:

Positive aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:

Positive aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:

Positive aspect:
Document type:
Your role:
Mode of working:
Effect on writing process:
Effect on final product:

3. Are you able to apply positive and negative experiences in
collaborative writing to benefit your current professional practice, and
if so how?

4. Please indicate briefly, in terms of years of experience or
qualifications, your involvement in technical writing.

5. Please indicate your working environment: e.g. office in commercial or
academic environment or from your own private office:

6. Please indicate your status: e.g. as freelancer, consultant or
employee:

7. If you know any technical writers who might kindly help with this
research, please enter their e-mail addresses here, so that I can forward
them the questionnaire.

Thank you
Kirstie Edwards
Kirstie -dot- Edwards -at- pi -dot- be