RE: Word 97 to Word 2000

Subject: RE: Word 97 to Word 2000
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 10:27:02 -0600

> Subject: RE: Word 97 to Word 2000
> From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
> Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:24:00 -0500

> > > decade or so through at least three major "upgrades".
> >
> >Microsoft will fix the bugs I've seen in the autonumbering feature
the
> >day the average MS Word user starts creating 40 page documents with
> >different numbered list on each page.

> You mean, that Word is not intended for long, complex documentation
projects?

> Oh, my heaven and stars!

Sad, but true.

I heard on highest authority (a friend of a friend of a friend of a
friend who claims he knows one of the MS Word programmers) that the
design document for MS Word 2000 lists its primary purpose as
compiling half page grocery lists with no numbers next to the items.

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer