RE: Cheap books

Subject: RE: Cheap books
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 10:53:54 -0500

In our previous episode at 10:36 AM 5/7/01, iluvvscotties -at- earthlink -dot- net wrote:

At 09:48 AM 05/07/2001 -0500, Rich, Charles wrote:
where did you find these? I tried www.halfpricedbooks.com and
got a 404 error, and www.halfpricebooks.com is under construction

Could you be thinking of http://www.half.com? I've gotten great buys there, albeit not for computer books.

You can also check http://www.bookfinder.com to locate who is selling a book you want -- and the condition, price, etc. It is almost funny to buy a mint condition / as new hardcover book with a perfect dust jacket for 1/4th the price someone else wants for a damaged paperback <g>.

I like Bestbookbuys.com for a comparison site. It usually shows Books A Million as the best price (club price) for general books, and BookPool for tech books, but I've saved money by checking. And the $5 for a Books A Million membership was worth it -- I recouped the cost in my first order.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from."