Re: "..navigate down the path.."

Subject: Re: "..navigate down the path.."
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 16:30:30 -0500

Hmmm. In my opinion this depends on what you can reasonably assume the user already knows. My instinct
would be to tell them to navigate to the whole path name, follow that with the first two or three
individual steps and then "etc. until you reach the yadda\yadda\yadda\yadda\thisone folder. After that,
I'd insert a graphic with the tree expanded to the level specified. This accommodates a couple of ways of
taking in information, and various levels of knowledge on the part of the user.

Jo

--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer