RE: Online Help development for Mac platform

Subject: RE: Online Help development for Mac platform
From: "Dawn Hollingsworth" <dawnholl -at- microsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:54:10 -0700

Leslie,
You didn't mention which version of the Mac OS your audience will be
using, 9.x or X (ten). If it is 9.x, you can download the Apple Help 1.2
SDK from http://developer.apple.com/macos/help.html. Apple Help is very
simple to create, it is basically HTML 3.2, however Apple doesn't
support the full standard. For example, 3.2 supports CSS, but Apple help
will never render it. The other suggestion is to join the Apple Help
mailing list, there is a link to the list at the bottom of the page. It
isn't a very active list, maybe 2 emails a week, but it is a great
resource. Hope this gets you started.

Dawn Hollingsworth