RE: Ever-expanding word docs?

Subject: RE: Ever-expanding word docs?
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:53:46 -0400

Geoff Hart writes:

> Mark Emson wonders: <<Does anyone know of a fix for MS Word documents that
> just keep on growing? E.g. you create a document and save it. Its size is
> 100K Later, you open the doc again, add something and the size
> increases to
> 105K. Later still you decide to take the addition out and stick with the
> first draft but when you save it, it has grown again to 110K. WHYYYYYY!>>
> [...] I do know that using
> revision tracking also adds to the length of a file, and may leave its own
> debris behind even after you've accepted the revisions, but I haven't
> confirmed whether there's anything you can do about this.

Although I haven't tested this myself, I have heard that you can clean up a
revision tracked document by (1) accepting all revisions, (2) turning off
revision tracking, then (3) doing a "save as" on the document.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer,
Autros Healthcare Solutions
marquesm -at- autros -dot- com

This material is intended for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary,
confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the material to the
intended recipient, you are notified that dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately via
e-mail and destroy this message accordingly.