Re: finding manually changed formatting

Subject: Re: finding manually changed formatting
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:10:35 -0500

Rick Kirkham asked about finding paragraphs whose formatting has been
manually changed from the style definition...

According to my copy of Word, Ctrl-Q is the "ResetPara" command. RoboHelp
reassigns Ctrl-Q, but you can go into Tools>Customize and assign a
different hotkey to ResetPara; it's under Format. Somehow, though, that
command doesn't seem to be working when I try it. What you describe sounds
to me like Reset Character Formatting (Ctrl-Spacebar, with the text
selected).

I don't think either of these commands actually finds the reformatted
text--I think they can change it once you find it. To find it, perhaps you
could try searching for specific formatting by using the Format button
within the Find dialog box. For instance, if the Normal style is supposed
to be 9-point regular Arial, you could try searching for Normal+Bold
(Edit>Find>Format>Style>Normal, Format>Font>Bold), or Normal+12pt... if the
other writers did the old "increase the type size and make it bold" method
of creating headings, this should catch a lot of the reformatted text.

HTH,
Christine