RE: electronic forms - pdf question

Subject: RE: electronic forms - pdf question
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 12:29:25 -0600

> We would like to send a .pdf form to our client that they can fill out
> and return to us _electronically_. From what I can see, they would need
> to have Acrobat (not just the reader) installed to do so. Do you guys
> know of any alternative solutions? We would eventually like to get the
> data into Excel, and I would _really_ like to avoid doing all that data
> entry by hand.

Another alternative is to use Word (or even Excel itself). You can set up a
document with fields that the user can edit, and fields that they can't.

The advantage is that most people have Word and know how to use it.

It does have disadvantages. One that has burned me a couple of times is
losing data after a unlock-lock sequence. Only happens if I'm the one with
the password and have the ability to fix things.