Re: Kit furniture manuals (was TECHWR-L poll question)

Subject: Re: Kit furniture manuals (was TECHWR-L poll question)
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:31:09 -0400

Nothing against Sauder (because I agree that their instructions are good), but a lot of other companies seem to have gotten the message over the last few years, as well. I find that if I buy something at a large national chain that is focused on customer service and cost control (Wal*Mart is one, but not the only one), the quality of the instructions is generally quite good lately. (I live a divorced dad's existence; if I could afford my taste, I might not know about this stuff.)

I think that these companies are finally figuring out that spending a little bit of money on documentation can greatly reduce the number of returns from customers. Maybe this lesson will find its way into other industries as well, to the benefit of techwrlers everywhere!

Dick