Resume Writing

Subject: Resume Writing
From: "Kelly Williamson" <kwcwtech -at- iwaynet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:19:08 -0400

Hi group,

I am curious....do many of you write resumes as part of your job? I am
starting to do more and more "corporate resumes" as part of my job and was
wondering if this is a standard thing for tech writers to do (I don't feel
very confident at it, though I've been doing a pretty good job, as I don't
see it as my area of expertise.) If you do corporate resumes (and by
corporate resume, I mean converting the candidate's regular resume into the
corporate format, sprucing it up, and adding flowery summary paragraphs),
about how long does it take you to put one together, working just from the
information given to you by the candidate, as well as some interviewer
notes?

Input is appreciated, as always!
Kelly Williamson
Columbus, OH