RE: Marketing Yourself as a Consultant

Subject: RE: Marketing Yourself as a Consultant
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:16:29 -0400

:: Ideas for self-promotion... well, for one, you're already
:: using one. This list. :)

Let me clarify before you do something I'll regret later. ;)

DO NOT use this list to say "Hi. I'm a contractor. Got any work for me?" as
that is not appropriate for this list. This comes from the list owner, not
from me.

DO use this list to help people find answers to their questions and to
generally be intelligently vocal in the TW community. Use a fitting
signature with every email, so if people end up liking what they see from
you, they can approach you if needed.

Damn! There goes my one "trade not-so-secret"! ;)

Good luck!

BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N