PDFs over the web

Subject: PDFs over the web
From: Peter Kleczka <pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Techwrl's

I'm trying to learn about efficient methods
for posting manuals in PDF format to our company
Intranet. Some of these documents are quite
large even if we post separate PDFs for each
chapter.

Adobe's site mentions "byteserving" as a
solution, but their documentation on
byteserving is a couple of years old and
I wonder if they may not have updated
the list of servers currently supporting
it (we're running Domino 5.05).

It appears that byteserving allows you
to deliver one page at a time rather
than downloading the entire PDF.
Anyone on this list use byteserving?

TIA,
Pete Kleczka (pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/