Need Help With Word Numbering

Subject: Need Help With Word Numbering
From: Ardene Whittlesey <twriter40 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

$%#&@!

Now that that's out of the way, can anyone help me
with a numbering problem in Word?

I'm trying to create a template for users in the group
I'm working with. The List Num style works fine,
except I want different margins. So I've done the
Format > Style > Paragaraph thing to set the margins
and hanging indent where we want them.

Now when I try to start a new numbered list (Right
click on the paragraph, choose bullets & numbering,
check Restart in the dialog box), one of two things
happens:

1)The numbering restarts, but the margins go back to
the original setting

2) The dialog box closes, but nothing changes on the
numbering

3) all numbering changes to 0!

Any suggestions?

Ardene Whittlesey