Inventing a new job title (FOLLOWUP)

Subject: Inventing a new job title (FOLLOWUP)
From: "Walters, Christian (CCI-Atlanta)" <Christian -dot- Walters -at- cox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:27:59 -0400

Hi all,

Big thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and advice in my little
job title search. There were some good ones.

This whole thing here at work isn't really meant to redefine the roles
we have here. At least, not at this stage. What they're doing is
re-drawing the org chart, and we have to come up with more generic, less
useful corporate-sounding titles. I'll still think of myself as a tech
editor no matter what it says on my business cards :)

I'll let you know what happens next in this weird little quest we have.

Anyway, as promised, a list of the suggestions, both the serious ones
and the not-so-serious (maybe) ones.

Serious Ones
============
information architect
information developer
knowledge architect
knowledge engineer
product information developer
project information developer
user information developer
technical publications engineer
requirements analyst

(NOTE: I left off the ones with "manager" in the title, since a manager
is a more defined role here -- it goes V.P., Director, Supervisor,
Manager, Joyless Proletariat. Also, someone suggested "knowledge base
engineer," but we have something here called a knowledge base and it's a
different job. Although we are going to have some input into it once it
gets crackin' along.)

Not-So-Serious Ones
===================
Corporate Jesus
Fact Finder
Frame Bigot
Caffeine Hog
Proclaimer of Truth
The Guy to Avoid if You're A Developer
Corporate Word Nazi
Minister of Propaganda
Tsar of All That Is Written
Absolute and Supreme Emperor of Documentation

Thanks again!