Research Study

Subject: Research Study
From: "McDonald, Guy A." <Guy -dot- A -dot- McDonald -at- usa -dot- conoco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:18:16 -0500

This message is posted with Techwr-l list owner permission. Below you will
find a call for research data from Sandrine Poissonnet. I told Sandrine that
Technical Communicators are very helpful, especially those who subscribe to
to a larger audience.

Since her project is funded, she will send you a monetary thank you to the
first 200 responses. Details are in the body of her message below.

Sandrine is legitimately associated with UCLA and she is a person of high
integrity.

Guy A. McDonald
Information Development Manager
Technical Information Architects, Inc.
7880 San Felipe Suite #200
Houston, Texas 77063
<mailto:Guy -dot- A -dot- McDonald -at- usa -dot- conoco -dot- com>
Direct 281.293.6422
TIA office 713.975.0081
Fax 281.293.5530
-------------------------------
Hello,

My name is Sandrine Poissonnet, I am a doctoral candidate
in management at the University of California at Los
Angeles (UCLA). I am writing to seek your participation in
a survey I am conducting as part of my dissertation work.
In a nutshell, this research project compares the impact of
communication behavior, meaning attached to working,
supervisory style, and a variety of job characteristics on
several job outcomes in two different work contexts:
onsite work ("at the office") versus telecommuting
(where a telecommuter is an employee who works part or all
of his/her work week at a location remote from a company
office: more often his/her home, but also sometimes a
telecenter, or some other remote location).

The questionnaire takes about 20-25 minutes to
complete... To thank them for their time, participants
receive a $20 check upon completion of the questionnaire.
Aggregate survey results and reports are made available to
participants.

If you are willing to participate, and you ARE NOT a
telecommuter, please complete the questionnaire located at
the following URL:
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~spoisson/questionnaire1.html

If you are willing to participate, and you ARE a
telecommuter, please complete the questionnaire located at
the following URL:
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~spoisson/questionnaire2.html

Also, please note that this offer is valid for the first
100 respondents who do not telecommute (respondents to
questionnaire1) and the first 100 respondents who do
telecommute (respondents to questionnaire2). After the
target number of respondents has been reached in each case,
the respective web questionnaire will be shut down.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in this
survey. Please contact me for any question or concern you
may have.
Sincerely,

Sandrine
Sandrine Poissonnet
Doctoral Candidate
The Anderson School at UCLA
Information Systems Department
tel: (310) 453-1650
fax: (310) 453-0769
e-mail: spoisson -at- anderson -dot- ucla -dot- edu