Re: StarOffice 5.2

Subject: Re: StarOffice 5.2
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:32:01 +0200

Hi Peter!

Peter Kingston wrote:

>Has anyone had any experience working with Sun's StarOffice 5.2 to create
>documents?

I have tried to use StarOffice 5.2 on both a Linux (SuSE 6.4) and a Win98
PC at home. It was largely okay - except for the all too frequent crashes
on both systems. Fortunately, I could fall back on StarOffice 5.1 on the
Windows PC, and that worked well.

The document I created used four or five page layouts. I found page
formatting less straight-forward than with FrameMaker, but in the end I got
what I wanted. Tables and figures tended to jump around on their pages, and
I had to check that each table cell had its appropriate size before
printing. Anyway, this was the first time I used StarOffice, and these
problem were most likely due to my inexperience.

Ciao,
Kerstin