RE: Write differently for women?

Subject: RE: Write differently for women?
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:31:27 -0400

How many times have I heard men (and women of their partners, for that matter) talking about "babysitting" their own kids?

Plus ca change.... (Where's a cedilla when you really need it?)

That site, by the by, was directed at Web marketing copywriters ("every mother will love this cookbook"). The same author also criticized my Web usability hero, Jakob Neilsen, for his column on how Web readers read (they don't; they scan).

Timeless prose from yer reg'lar marketers, I DON'T believe.

From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>

If you (not Bryan) really think "he" is gender-neutral and all-inclusive, what pronoun do you use when you're talking about nurses, secretaries, or babysitters?