PDF changes page size

Subject: PDF changes page size
From: Claire Philpott <claire -dot- philpott -at- alphanova -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:41:11 +0300

Dear All,

I am creating a PDF of a manual that will be used to print the final
publication by an external copy shop.

The PDF is created using Acrobat Distiller 4.0.
The manual is in FrameMaker 6.0.
Operating system Windows 2000.

The problem.

My FrameMaker page size is 190 mm x 230 mm.

I use the Acrobat Distiller Printer Driver to create a PS file. I set page
size to A4 and use the FrameMaker option to create Western style
registration marks for cropping the final pages.

When I print the PDF pages the size has shrunk by roughly 1 cm in both
directions.

I've tried posting this query to the Acrobat User Forum without success,
does anyone know a solution?

Regards

Claire

Claire Philpott
Product Design Consultant
AlphaNova Ltd
10A, Salaminos Avenue
2nd Floor, 1045 Nicosia
Cyprus

Tel: +357 2 719500
Fax: +357 2 349276
e-mail: claire -dot- philpott -at- alphanova -dot- co -dot- uk
www.alphanova.co.uk

alphapartner: Software for Business Community Management

This e-mail message and any files attached are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged
information. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is
sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the original
message. Alternatively send an e-mail to our administrator at
postmaster -at- alphanova -dot- co -dot- uk