Re: What color is my parachute?

Subject: Re: What color is my parachute?
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 13:31:10 -0500

But let's not assume experience with Toolbook means experience in developing CBT, unless we also assume everyone who uses Word is gaining valuable tech writing experience. ;-) It sounds like Michelle might be using Toolbook for some kind of tech writing task, since she says "Talking to other tech writers, I found that none had even heard of ToolBook II..." We've already had one poster who was told to create a manual in PowerPoint, so being forced to use CBT software for something other than CBT isn't too farfetched.

Michelle, if you *are* interested in/working on instruction and training, your Toolbook experience will be very valuable (and try to get in touch with CBT developers, since they're more likely to be using it than tech writers). If not, well, like you said, it shows you can learn. :-)

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com> 07/03/01 10:59AM >>>

Actually, Toolbook is a fairly common package used for CBT
(computer based training) development. I would suspect that
knowing how to use this tool would be a plus on your resume.
There are many people who have technical writing skills (or claim
to have), who are proficient in the latest help authoring tools (or
claim to be :), but there are fewer who have experience in CBT.