Creating Tutorials

Subject: Creating Tutorials
From: "Steve Rasnic Tem" <tems -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 19:31:42 -0600

One of my first assignments at my new job is to create an online tutorial
for a "Try and Buy" version of the software. They want the tutorial to
remain "always on top" and guide the user through several sample scenarios
(the software will have most of its functionality turned on). I've created
Flash product demos and online Help systems in the past but nothing like
this. What are the usual authoring tools for this? Time and money may be a
factor, but I don't know enough yet to evaluate that.

I was thinking that perhaps some sort of Wizard might serve the purpose--I
have an evaluation version of a wizard creator from Coyote Software but I
haven't been able to try it yet. Or is there anyway to use online Help for
the job?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

-- Steve Tem