Footers in Page Maker?

Subject: Footers in Page Maker?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:34:20 -0400

Erin Christine McLaughlin, working in PageMaker, wonders: <<My predecessor
left me a template to use, and at the bottom of them it has the name of the
journal and the issue and volume number. She has it saying "April 2001," and
I need to change it to "August." However, I can't seem to delete what's
already there.>>

You'll have to go to the "master page" to make this change. These are the
pages denoted by the icons R and L (right and left master pages,
respectively) at the far left of the list of pages in the publication. To
get there, select the correct master page from the list of pages. One
potential complication: PageMaker lets you use multiple master pages to
handle different situations (e.g., the first page of a chapter), so you may
have to edit more than two of the master pages to fix the problem. Check the
documentation on how to find the correct master page.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"User's advocate" online monthly at

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause
accidents."-- Nathaniel Borenstein