RoboHelp:Hotspot dialog missing half of its controls

Subject: RoboHelp:Hotspot dialog missing half of its controls
From: Jim Dooley <jimpynyc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

I work on a team of 2 tech writers. We have new IBM
IntelliStations; we both have Windows 2000, Office 97,
and RoboHelp 9.1.

When I run RoboHelp and click on a hotspot (jump or
pop-up) or try to add a hotspot, the corresponding
dialog is missing 1/2 of its controls. The following
are missing:

1) "Action" list control
2) "Window" list control
3) The buttons below these controls ("View," etc.)
4) The list control which lets you choose to link to
topics in other docs.

Our Help system is extensive; many of our links need
to go to other docs., and many of our topics serve as
pop-ups for multiple topics. Without the "Action" and
the target document list controls, I can't possible do
my job.

We have tried the following remedies:

1) Re-installing RoboHelp with virus protection
software disabled
2) Doing a complete RoboHelp un-install, deleting all
RoboHelp directories, renaming or deleting all
instances of Normal.dot & Robohelp.dot, editing the
registry, and then re-installing RoboHelp
3) Since my co-worker does not share this problem,
we've tried doing a complete un-install & then
re-installing using her media, my serial #.
4) Re-installing Office & then RoboHelp
5) Making sure to have the latest service packs &
updates for windows, office, and robohelp
6) After re-installing office & robohelp, copying my
co-workers dll files for both, overwriting my
versions.

Nothing has corrected this problem. Does anyone have a
solution or other suggestions?

Thanks.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/