Re: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?

Subject: Re: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?
From: bmpage <bmpage -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:43:36 -0500

> > To those list members who hire writers: would you mind sharing your
> > thoughts on what makes a resume stand out?

I recently got a good suggestion from a recruiter.... since your resume hardly
goes directly to a hiring manager these days, moving your training & skills up
before your job descriptions can be a help. It allows the person screening
resumes to quickly take a look and see if you meet any of the keywords that
they're looking for, which is really what your first glance gets these days.

It goes against all textbooks ever tell you about resumes, but I think it may be
more appropriate for the times.

Victoria