How to Get Paper Doc Online Without Source Files?

Subject: How to Get Paper Doc Online Without Source Files?
From: oo108 -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:26:25

I am new to tech writing and to this list, and I searched the archives
without finding what I needed.

My company has a large number of existing paper documents (some are
manuals) that need to be available on the internal web site. The original
computer source files are no longer available or cannot be located.

What would be the best way(s) to get these paper docs online as HTML pages?
Can they be scanned and then read by some software? I would be able to edit
any such electronic documents into HTML.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Olivia