Re: Changing Save function for .pdf file

Subject: Re: Changing Save function for .pdf file
From: ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com (Erick Kandl)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:21:30 -0500

<snip> "I now have Acrobat 5 and am unable to find
how to remove the save option after I've updated the
files. Can anyone provide any suggestions?"

***************************************

Paula,

I don't know how to prevent someone from saving the
file, but one option is to hide this function.

Under File|Document Info|Open|User Interface Options,
check the box to "Hide Menubar". This will mask the
drop down File menu they need to perform a Save As.
Then, lock everything under the Security section
except for permission to print. When you open the
file, the Save icon will still be on the toolbar, but
since they cannot change anything, they won't be able
to save.

Please note, however, this only HIDES the Save As
function. If the user knows the shortcut
Ctrl+Shift+S, the Save As dialog box will still pop
up and they can perform a Save As.

Not a create solution, but a possible workaround
until someone replies with a better way.

Regards,
Erick B. Kandl