Re: space above, below paragraphs (making a template)

Subject: Re: space above, below paragraphs (making a template)
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:42:52 -0500

Amanda,

Frame is working correctly. What you need to understand is that the space above and space below are not additive. The larger of the two will be applied in each instance when comparing the para above your subject paragraph and the para below it.

So you have to figure from which point of the para do you want to measure? Use either one as the default, it will help simplify life for you. If you keep the para below as the default measurement then you only have to worry about how to differentiate the special paragraphs (e.g., bullets).

In order to keep Body centered, use the same measurement above and below (I know I just violated what I told you). The Bullet tag should have 0 above and some other, lesser measurement below than does the Body tag.

For the Headings, you are going to use a larger measruement above, and you can leave out the lower. All other tags should follow the lead of these three.

Scott Turner