Re: Contracting question

Subject: Re: Contracting question
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- wwc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:44:32 -0700

At 8:29 PM -0500 7/17/01, bmpage wrote:

> When you see that several contracting firms have
>posted up info on a job board for what obviously seems to be the same
>position, should you try your foot in the door at all of them or what?
_____________

Victoria,

My experience is that you DO NOT want to be presented to the same client by
different agencies. There's too much of a squabble over who is due the
commission, and rather than fight that battle, the client will not consider
you at all.

This does not mean you should not use more than one agent. You should just
have the say on where they send your resume.

Regards,

Marc

Marc

--
Marc A. Santacroce
925-518-0013

Owner, Senior Technical Writer,
ePubs, Inc.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For,
indeed, that's all who ever have."
Margaret Mead