RE: OT: TFM *g* (was: Creating Intradocument Links in Adobe Acrob at)

Subject: RE: OT: TFM *g* (was: Creating Intradocument Links in Adobe Acrob at)
From: "Damien Braniff" <dbraniff -at- amphion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:03:08 +0100

In a lot of the docs I've written over the years part of the job has been telling the customer what they want - they know they need some documentation but (often) they're not sure exactly what they need.

Getting back to hyperlinks I agree that most people see it as a 'jump' but that doesn't mean we should ignore those users who know better! Personally in any glossary/index I'd have Hyperlink as a main entry with sub-entries for link, launch app etc with the most common at the top. If it was an index then all the sub-entries would also appear (in all guises - link, jump, etc) to ensure that the user could find exactly what they were looking for.

Damien Braniff
Technical Writer
Amphion Semiconductor Ltd.
50/51 Malone Road