RE: Doc files in CVS

Subject: RE: Doc files in CVS
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:49:17 +0100

Hi,

We've been using CVS for six months without a problem. Mind you, we add all
of our Frame files as binaries, as opposed to text files. Could this be
what's tripping you up? We use the aforementioned WinCVS interface, which,
in my opinion, sucks rotten ostrich eggs, but there aren't any other UI
options. I've also worked with SourceSafe in the past, and it's pretty good.
I actually prefer it, as it clearly indicates if someone else has a file
checked out and is therefore working on it. However, the developers have
various cultish reasons for preferring CVS (the least of which is that it's
cheaper--it's free), and so I don't complain. Thanks. DB.

<snip>